June 24, 2011

a good morning.


R had to get up a little earlier this morning for work, so I decided to get up with him instead of lounging around with Liv in our jammies (what our mornings usually consist of!).  Normally she wakes up around 7 or 7:30; today she chose 6AM. I decided to let her talk and play in her crib while I squeezed in a little me-time with my Bible and a cup of tea in the backyard.

Two neighbors catty-corner to us were also up early, and they greeted each other good morning while one worked in her garden and the other hung some laundry, their white hair glowing in the morning sun. I don't think either of them saw me, and it was nice to just be in my own space and see them in theirs. It felt so... 1950s-ish...and midwestern. Quiet. Peaceful.

Gotta love how lovely morning light is...


...and this is the kind of morning picture I don't mind taking :)


A quick update on the garden: Things are thriving! Our yellow pear, and two big beef tomato plants are growing like weeds...


And our pepper plants are doing well too. I thought I had lost all of them after our last snow. What a relief!



And the squash and cucumbers are working on their first pair of true leaves. Can't wait to see these puppies in another couple of months! I thinned them after taking this picture down to two each... Hope they have enough room.


As for the rest of today, I'm hoping to finish organizing our desk and moving some things out of little Bug's room that won't belong come November.  I'm sure Liv will want to play outside--it's the only thing she's wanted to do the last couple of days!  The rest of the weekend will be spent catching up on housework, yardwork, maybe a movie. What are your weekend plans? Any good summer movie recommendations?

No comments: